What Is Rossmoor?
Rossmoor Walnut Creek is a nationally recognized and award winning gated senior adult community located in the 1,800-acre (7.3 km2) Tice Valley area of Walnut Creek, California. Surrounded by acres of open space, this community is two miles (3 km) from downtown Walnut Creek, and 25 miles (40 km) from downtown San Francisco. Development of the community began in 1963, and today, there are approximately 6,700 residential units in three cooperatives, 12 condominium and one single-family home developments (referred to as Homeowner Associations or HOAs). Forty percent of the homes are garden-style duplexes to four-plexes, and the remaining are luxurious elevator buildings, with one area of 63 individual single-family homes. Homes vary in price from below $100,000 for some cooperatives to over $1 million for the single-family homes and garden style condominiums. At least one resident must be 55 years of age or older to live in a home in Rossmoor.
There are over 200 social clubs, something for everyone. The recreation department arranges parties, weekly lunches, entertainment programs, and excursions both throughout both the Bay Area and throughout the world.
* 2 NCGA-rated Golf Courses (One 9-Hole & One 18-Hole)
* 3 Pools
* Large Indoor Pool and State of the Art Fitness Comples
* 2 Outdoor Pools, 6 Tennis Courts
* Lawn Bowling Greens, Bocce Courts
* Hiking Trails
* Table Tennis Facilities
* The Creekside, a Gourmet Restaurant open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
* Gated Community
Other community amenities include:
* FREE SHUTTLE BUSES to surrounding shops, medical facilites, BART and downtown Walnut Creek.
*5 clubhouses, each with its unique facilities
* State of the art movie theatre and auditorium
* Branch of the Walnut Creek Public Library
* Meeting rooms, card rooms and a full arts and crafts facility including classes in painting, drawing, ceramics, sculpture
All the activities are listed in the Weekly Roosmoor Newspaper, distributed free to all residents, or can be accessed on TV Channel 28, the community channel broadcasting Rossmoor programs daily.There are 3 pools, including an indoor top of the line pool and gym. Classis in aqua aerobics, ballroom dance, Zumba, pilates, and many others are offered daily in the gym or in one of the many meeting and exercise rooms.
Outdoor facilities offer Tennis, Hiking and Biking Trails, Bocci Ball, and many other activities for all interests. All activities are, amenities and facilities are included in your monthly dues.
Plus, don't forget to have a meal at the new gourmet Creekside Restaurant, open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
For A Free Tour Please Call Suzanne at 925-788-5693